Sherwood Bond Measure
The Sherwood School district will be presenting a bond measure before voters this November. The Sherwood Education Foundation has endorsed the bond, and encourages a YES vote. We believe this bond is the best way to keep our schools strong and maintain their position as a strong asset to our community. For more information goto: www.yesforsherwoodschools.org or visit their facebook page.
The goals of the bond are:
- Prevent over crowding in our schools by expanding capacity at HS, MS and elementary levels with minimal onsite building disruptions.
- Address deferred maintenance needs at existing schools: roofing, plumbing, heating and ventiation and seismic upgrades
- Expand safety measures in all schools including building entrance, lockdown, monitoring and communication systems.
- Fund technology upgrades which will keep Sherwood a leader in adoption of learning technologies
- Fund curriculum and replacement of outdated curriculum. Doing this with bond money will free up general revenue dollars for other education needs.